9th Annual Student Art Show: July 18 - August 17, 2023
Students in North Seattle College's Continuing Education program are invited to submit artwork to be included in the 2023 Summer Artworks exhibit. We accept art works produced in a North Seattle Continuing Education art class.*
Each artist is able to submit a total of three (3) pieces of art work in any of the following mediums: metal work, paintings, drawings, ceramics, prints, photos, digital pieces, woodworking, comics, etc.
We are planning for the 2023 CE Art show to be held in the North Seattle College Art Gallery.
*All works must be created in a Continuing Education class during Summer 2022 - Spring 2023 quarters. This will be a juried show.
Complete your online application and submit your works HERE. All artists in the show will be eligible for an award: one People’s Choice and three Juror's Choice Awards. The 2023 CE Student Art Exhibition will run from July 18 to August 17, 2023.
The 2023 Art Show Timeline: (Dates may be subject to change)
- Tuesday, June 27: Entry Form and photos of work due by midnight
- Wednesday, June 28: Drop off artwork at Gallery between 12pm-6pm
- Thursday, July 6: Artwork not accepted picked up 9am-6pm
- Monday, July 17: Opening Reception at 6pm
- The reception will be held on Monday, July 17 at 6pm. At this reception there will be a presentation of the Jurors Awards. Award Ceremony will begin promptly at 6pm and last approximately 15 minutes so be sure to join on time to hear the Juror Awards presentation and get a sneak preview of the work in the gallery! We hope you can attend!
- Tuesday, July 18: Exhibition/gallery open to public during the following hours:
- Tuesday - Friday 12pm - 2pm*
- Tuesday & Wednesday 5pm - 7pm*
- Friday, August 4: Last day to vote for People's Choice Award
- Monday, August 7: People's Choice Award announced
- Thursday, August 17: Last day of show
- Friday, August 18: Artwork pickup between 12pm-6pm
*Hours may be subject to change. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are looking for student volunteers to help staff the gallery this year for the evening and Friday times. If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
To view images from our previous Annual CE Student Art Shows, please visit our:
Photographing Your Artwork Tips & Resources
Below are some good videos on photographing your artwork.
Additionally this website is good for photographing paintings and other 2D work (with some great tips about backgrounds, angles, and light): https://willkempartschool.com/how-to-photograph-your-paintings-with-your-iphone/
Photographing 3D Artwork:
Photographing 2D Artwork:
Learn more about all of the Art Shows at the North Seattle Art Gallery.