Students in North Seattle College's Continuing Education program are invited to submit work* that is produced in CE writing classes from the 2018 calendar year: Winter 2018, Spring 2018, Summer 2018, and Fall 2018 quarters for our 1st Annual Writers Contest.
*Only work produced in a CE class will be considered
- Open only to North Seattle College CE students.
- Contestants may submit more than one (1) entry, but only one (1) entry per category.
- All submissions must be work completed in CE writing classes during the previous calendar year, January 2018 to December 2018.
- Submissions will receive critique by professional writer.
- No previously published work.
- Complete the submission form.
- All work is submitted anonymously. Do not put your name or contact information on your submitted work.
- $10 entry fee. Upon payment of entry fee, entrants will be given an order # to use when submitting work.
- All submissions should be in MS Word format.
- 1,500 word limit
- Basic font such as Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri
- 12pt type
Short stories: up to 1500 words
Students would submit a 150-word description of their novel, including the genre or category, and the first 1500 words.
Short nonfiction (essays, articles): up to 1500 words
Long nonfiction (books)
Students would submit a 150-word description of their book, including the genre or category, and the first 1500 words.
Plays, Screenplays and comics
First 10 pages
Comic creators may contribute script or illustrated pages with text.
No more than 3 pages.