Students in North Seattle College's Continuing Education program are invited to submit work* that is produced in CE writing classes from the 2018 calendar year: Winter 2018, Spring 2018, Summer 2018, and Fall 2018 quarters for our 1st Annual Writers Contest. All contest entries will be included in a digital format publication available for download from the CE website. Juror Award Winners will be invited to read their work at CE’s Writers Salon Event to be held in mid-March of 2019.
**NOTE: Submission deadline has been EXTENDED to Friday, January 25th**
*Only work produced in a CE class will be considered
- Open only to North Seattle College CE students.
- Contestants may submit more than one (1) entry, but only one (1) entry per category. No more than three (3) entries total per contestant.
- All submissions must be work completed in CE writing classes during the previous calendar year, January 2018 to December 2018.
- No previously published work.
- Complete the submission form and $10 entry fee. Note: you will essentially "register" for the contest in the same way you do for CE classes. You will then email us your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon payment of entry fee, entrants will be given an order # to use when submitting work.
- All work will be judged anonymously. Do not put your name or contact information on your submitted work.
- All submissions should be in MS Word format.
- 1,500 word limit
- Basic font such as Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri
- 12pt type
Questions? Please call us at 206-934-3705 or email us: email@example.com
Short stories: up to 1500 words
Students would submit a 150-word description of their novel, including the genre or category, and the first 1500 words.
Short nonfiction (essays, articles): up to 1500 words
Long nonfiction (books)
Students would submit a 150-word description of their book, including the genre or category, and the first 1500 words.
Plays, Screenplays and comics
First 10 pages
Comic creators may contribute script or illustrated pages with text.
No more than 3 pages.